- The vaccines are both administered as prophylactic vaccines which means they are specially made for preventing against possible HPV infections as opposed to acting as therapeutic vaccines which treat acquired infections.
- Adolescent girls that ha ve been vaccinated should also attend screening programmes when they are of age since the vaccines cannot protect about 30% of the HPV types therefore the need to monitor their status
- The drug is made from composition of L1 protein of HPV types 6,11,16 and 18 which are combined with an aluminum adjuvant
- Three dose series are administered recommended for females at the age of 11-15 years
- Combinations used to manufacture cervix drug are virus-like particles of major capsid L1 protein of HPV types 16 and 18 mixed with AS04 adjuvant system which contain 3-0-desacyl-4 ,monophosphoryl lipid and aluminum hydroxide salt.
- Cervix was approved in the European union to be used in females by determination of efficiency to those aged 15 to 25 years and those by determination of immunogenicity ages