Nurses take care a lot of things here in Finland, however if your illness requires a doctor nurses arrange doctor’s appointment for you. Nurses and public health nurses have a permission to write patients short sick-leave certificates not more than 3 days and they have a Phone Hour normally between 12-13. Patients call the nurse and ask health counseling.
You can book an appointment for visiting nurse, but it does not need to queue.
Nurse’s visit includes for example:
- Guidance and control for diabetes, hypertension & asthma
- Wound care & removing stitches
- Performing ear rinsing (2 years and above)
- Taking different measurements such as; blood pressure, blood sugar, Hemoglobin level, weight, and height.
- Losing weight/slimming, weight control, diet and lifestyle change.
- Giving vaccinations & medications, contraceptive bills and birth management.
- Giving general health care guidelines, suggestions, prevention plan and control of diseases.